Sunday, April 9, 2017

Trying This Again.

I deleted my previous blog; not sure why.  So I'm starting over.

My blog is called Seeking Grace, because I am, well, seeking grace.  All my life I have been searching for God; even those periods where I was off into religions other than Christianity, or even my atheist period, I was still seeking God.  I find myself drawn towards the Lutheran faith, mainly because of its teaching on grace, and finding assurance via the Sacraments.  It's been months since I have attended any kind of church, but there is a great Anglican church not far, and I can attend it with a Lutheran heart.

Why Lutheran?  As I said above, it's the Sacraments.  Evangelical theology teaches that one is saved by faith alone.  Fair enough.  However the problem arises when a person wonders whether or not he or she truly believes, whether one's faith is real.  The Lutheran faith teaches that God really does transmit His grace through Baptism and Communion.  He promises forgiveness of sins in the waters of Baptism, and continual forgiveness and cleansing via Communion.  By simply believing God's promise of forgiveness in Baptism, one has assurance, and that assurance is found outside of one's self.  Forgiveness is eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment