Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Still Alive

It's been a while since I've posted.  My life is still on its downward spiral; I'm still out of work, still wrestling with depression due to fatigue from sleep apnea.  I let my troubles clobber me, and thereby make my reality even worse.  It's occurred to me though that maybe my depression is spawned of excessive worry.  And maybe what I need for that is trust in God's forgiveness and providence.  I need the peace that passes all understanding, that comes from knowing I have real peace with God; His forgiveness, His love and His acceptance.

I missed church last Sunday because of some car trouble (all I need).  I wish I would have taken the Sacrament; Christ promised that in it we are eating and drinking His flesh and His blood.  It's an absolute promise of forgiveness and salvation, and I have not appreciated it as I should.  The sacraments are gifts, God's overflowing forgiveness and grace.  I hope I can make it next Sunday.   Christ promised that "whosoever's sins you forgive, they are forgiven."   Of all people I need forgiveness and the assurance of forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment